- Invest in equipping health facilities with the basic equipment necessary for QoC.
- Increase the bed capacity for inpatient services.
- Improve the transport capacity for emergency services.
- Increase the number of health care workers across the board. An initial step should be to establish a policy allowing for the absorption of health care workers currently offering services by part-time engagement or as volunteers
- Focus deliberately on the training of specialist doctors, nurses and other cadres
- Target investments to increase the availability of surgical methods of FP and FP services for adolescents
- Make ANC services available at all health facilities, except specialized hospitals. Consider instituting incentives to increase ANC services at all PHUs and private facilities
- Increase the availability of HIV testing, ART services and PMTCT services
- Develop a functional system to receive follow-up information about patients referred for care and support services, especially when the services require referral to another facility. This is important for improving the outcome for HIV-infected persons and for preventing transmission
Data and Resources
|Release Date|| |
|Public Access Level|| |